Saturday, May 21, 2011

Summer 2011 Trends

I'm back, my Fashionistas! Ever since second semester of college started, I haven't been able to update. But now it's summer and I'm ready to come back. I'm thinking of creating a Tumblr for TFF because a lot of us are in dire need of fashion inspiration and I think Tumblr is a great way to get a lot of it. Now that I've announced that, (I hope you guys are looking forward to it....it will be absolutely epic I promise) I want to move on to a more urgent issue: Summer 2011 trends.

Loungerie
Nope--not a typo. Lingerie meets loungewear. Not kidding. I might have been the only one, but I've been waiting for this to be an acceptable thing. Don't go overboard, but what I'm seeing is a lot of light-lingerie dresses (under a blazer might be the most tasteful way of wearing it) and stockings with garters on the top under mid-thigh (or lower) shorts.



Rebellion Pieces
We all want to follow the adage, "In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different", don't we? Enter rebellious prints. Bold colors, loud prints, geometric shapes. Legggo.






 



Indie Style
Even though Indie is part of the rebellious patterns topic, I wanted to give it a seperate shoutout because I LOVE THIS TREND! Maxi dresses, clogs, cool headbands, natural makeup. This style has more to do with accessories. I'll highlight one of the best trends: Karma Bracelets. Let some good energy into your life and live a little more freely.

xxo, K

1 comment:

  1. glad to see u back! :D

    btw I started twitter!
    find me <3
    -->> marika_xoxo

    ReplyDelete